Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Friday, October 26, 2007

Keep Praying... God is moving - John

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2007 11:09 AM, CDT
I am having a hard time getting going today.
It is 11 and I am about to head down to see Kyle
as of 2 am his Carbon Dioxide levels had gone down considerably, causing a better look, but then climbed back
up around 5:30 am. They readjusted his ventilator, and
he seemed to get comfortable again, with the levels going back down. He is getting 60 breaths a minute from this vent. This is the most that he can receive from this type of ventilator. The next step would be another ventilator that
could pump in as many as 600 breaths per minute.
I am not sure exactly how all that works,... there are advantages and disadvantages to both vents. Obviously,
a ventilator is not suppose to be there at all, so any vent can
cause damage, but from what I have heard, the vent he is on is the better one for him to be on. He graduated once to this vent from the other, so I am really hoping we don't have to go to the other vent again. They have said to expect these set backs. The continually remind me that he is so small, so micro premature and that his chances aren't strong, but I know he is a fighter. Doctors also told us Jack was a miscarriage and God healed Jack.
We continue to pray right now against infection.
This is important, and also for his lungs to supernaturually
develop so thathe can keep progressing.

Thanks for your prayers, support, calls and concern.
I see every text though I can't respond to all,
I hear about every voicemail and so does Kelly.
We appreciate knowing so many care for Kyle and us.

I will try and post more as I know more.

1 comment:

Jim and Joan Roberts said...

Thank you for the update. Our constant prayer is for the breath of life from God, Himself.

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!