Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Good Day for Brotherhood - The Nanny Chronicles

Today Jadon was such a sweet big brother. This afternoon, he was playing baseball with Ms. Traci and Jack. Jadon was giving Traci instructions on how to stand and where to hold the bat when Jack walked by holding a ball. Jadon asked him if he wanted to help him pitch the pall. Jack said yes. So Jadon had him come stand in front of him and first Jadon threw the ball. Then he had Jack help him hold the ball and they threw it together. It was so cute! That was followed by eating popsicles, swinging around til we were so dizzy we couldn't stand (and then did it
again) and had piggy-back (horsey) rides.

Later in the evening, the boys and Ms. Carol played hide and seek. Jadon demonstrated the victory dance to Jack, who immediately copied his brother's movements. It was hysterical. Jadon later "modeled" for Jack how to answer Ms. Carol when she asked him to eat his noodles. "Why yes Ms. Carol, I WILL eat my noodles." It was highly dramatic, making it very difficult to keep a straight face. Then at bath time, Jadon pulled the stool over to the bathtub so he could help by giving Jack his bath. It was a good day for Brotherhood.

At bedtime, Jadon let me know that he hung out with his mom and dad, got his hair cut (he sang the "SnipIts" song) and he let me know he ate lunch at Kobe. (I think John told him to say that, just so I'd be bitter!) Finally we prayed. When I asked Jadon who he wanted to pray for he said, "Duh. Kyle and Jack!" It was indeed, a good day for brotherhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I don't know John Sherrill, but from reading his writings, it is very clear to me that Jadon is a chip off the old block when he said, "Why yes Ms. Carol, I WILL eat my noodles." !! Hope you all have a great day!

Candy Humber

Anonymous said...

Kelly and John -

We met LaNay a week or so ago in the NICU waiting room. I believe that she and her husband served at an FCA camp with one of our sons. She told us about Kyle and as soon as we got home we got on the website. Your daily reports have been such a testimony to us. Our first grandson, Kaleb, is also in the NICU. Please know that we are praying for you daily and we passed the website information on to members of our church. I know that God is at work in your lives and I praise him for your faithfulness and your witness.

Mina Lawson,
Sugar Land

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!