Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sweetest Laugh...



Kyle has started laughing.  Talk about music to my ears!  He is adorable!  The only thing that gets him to really laughing is when I tickle him with my hair in his face - so that is what I'm doing in this video.  Kyle doesn't laugh out loud all that often but he smiles so easy.  really all you have to do is look at him or talk to him for that!

He has found his squeal!  Happy, Mad, Sad, Tired - he squeals!  He also just started grabbing objects with his hands.  Used to I would hold a toy up to him and he would look at it, smile at it, talk to it... but not grab it.  Yesterday he just reached out and grabbed it and of course took it straight to his mouth!  I was so excited!  We have been working on this for several weeks now!  and just about every time I offered him one today - he grabbed it too!

Kyle is doing really well!  Growing in every way!  I truly have so much to be grateful for today! Speaking of Grateful!   Jadon has an aunt LaNay (the one who does Kyle's prayer wall!).  She is one of the most thoughtful people I know.  A couple of months ago her daughter attended a Vacation Bible School and the church put out a CD of the song they sang there.  So she got one for Jadon and let Emily (her daughter)  mail it to jadon - HE LOVES MUSIC - and he and emily are in band together - well if you ask them they are... ANYWAY - jadon and jack were listening to it and performing for their reflection in the living room TV (a frequent occurrence at our house).  I noticed the words to one of the songs - it said "I wanna be grateful"  cute little melody.  and I was thinking that the song was suggesting that this is a choice - saying I want to have that attitude... an attitude of gratefulness.  and that made so much sense to me - pretty simple but in my current state - hard or tired or sad or lonely or confused - I can wake up each morning and want or choose to be grateful!  It is my choice. WOW - that was really big for me and has been so instrumental in the last few days and weeks of my life.  and that just goes to show - LaNay may have just thought she was sending a CD to her nephew.  But what encouragement it has been to my spirit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my golly - yep - truly the sweetest laugh...I laugh out loud with him. He's so beautiful & you are so kind to share him with me (us). I want you to know that I don't miss my Wednesday 6:00a.m. hour of prayer for Kyle... One morning I woke up late & was in a full blown frinzy & forgot till about 6:40 that it was Wednesday "Kyle's hour" and I felt horrible all day till I took my lunch hr & watched his videos & read & re-read your entries & prayed. Then I had a much better "rest of the day" :-)
I love all the Sherrill gang!!
Just wanted to say "hey" & HUGS.
GranMammy B
Barbie Weller - Mansfield

amyoutlaw said...

Kelly - I stumbled on your blog from Coy's blog from my brother's blog about Rhys Outlaw. Your son is sooooo cute and that video of him talking is fabulous!! I noticed at the beginning of his journey that a professional photog. came to the NICU at Hermann? Or did she just enhance pics you took? Do they allow professional photogs up there? Thought that might be neat for Cody and Candice.

you can email me the response at
amyoutlaw@yahoo.com

Thanks for the kind words on thier blog. We just adore little man Rhys.

Amy (Outlaw) O'Neal

Chris & AnnMarie said...

Chris & I are sitting here cracking up at Kyle cracking up. He's way too cute my friend. Can't wait to see y'all again!

Amanda said...

oh my gosh! that is absolutely precious!! what a perfect little laugh! so cute! We all love seeing such beautiful things from him! thanks for sharing!

Natalie said...

That is precious...Thanks for sharing the sweet sound and that incredible baby boy, Kelly!

Tabaitha said...

Baby laughs are the best!

Unknown said...

Hey there Kelly! Absolutely beautiful!!! That is just music to my ears!

Much Love and Prayers,
Tracey H.

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!