Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Walking for Kyle

We are walking.
I know it's late notice.
I know it's all the way in Houston.

I just don't ever want to forget...

I wanted to walk in the woodlands this year and that is for sure where we will be next year. So much was going on this year -

a little update:

Kyle is 4 now - and he is amazing! God's healing is evident everyday. I feel like MOD snuck up on me this year! My focus has really been on therapy lately. We are starting to see some struggle in the fine motor and attention/focus areas. ...I remember being in the NICU and wondering why the doctors cared so much about these things - all I wanted was for him to live. Well... now I see why these things are so important! But we are not taking no for an answer - we are working hard everyday and everyday Kyle sees success! He is such a hard worker! and just for an update we got kyle into a school that can take him all the way to 6th grade. They believe in 2 teachers per classroom so the highest ratio will be 8 students to 1 teacher! They use the same fine motor curriculum that Kyle's OT uses and its the best out there! Also they have gross motor and motor planning toys on their play ground and best of all they will let kyle move at the pace that is best for him. We can delay kindergarten if need be and he can learn to read and write at his own pace. I am so thankful and so excited!


... but I digress - THE WALK! MARCH FOR BABIES! All that update to say - Kyle is amazing and we have been very focused with lots going on - so even though this year snuck up on us and even though we are not walking in The Woodlands...

WE ARE WALKING!! I just can't not walk. I always want to REMEMBER what God has done in Kyle.... a less than 1% chance of survival. It is easy to look at kyle now and forget that he is the less than 1%... then the grade 3 bleed... they said 0% chance of life without profound mental and physical disabilities.
Kyle is a miracle. I never want to forget what God has done.

So first we will raise funds: You can buy this year's team kyle T-shirt for $20. They are REALLY great shirts! (you know... the super soft hip kind!). We are getting a great deal from Push Productions - so with each shirt you buy you donate $9 to March of Dimes!

And second we will walk: to walk just email me at kellysherrill@mac.com and let me know!

Thank you for loving Kyle. and Thank you for supporting March of Dimes.

Here's the shirt!



No comments:

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!