Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Day ?? - Kelly

so I am realizing now that the whole naming each blog entry as the day was a dumb idea b/c I have ablsolutely no idea what day it is and I am assuming that only gets worse.

well today was a good day. important stuff first and then I must share a story! kyle had a good day - I think he likes his nurse he had today... Brandi. his oxygen saturation is good. he is still at 60 bpm (breaths) so that needs to come down but today they were letting him rest. He got platelets today so for those of you asking yes please you can donate platelets and blood in kyle's name. anyway so he got those today in preparation of a medicine he may need to close a hole between his heart and lungs. this hole is normal but he will need help closing it b/c he is not full term. Please pray for his kidneys to mature supernatually b/c he will need to be able to tee tee like a champ to get this medicine. Please continue to pray for his brain for protections from bleeds! so... recap... protection from brain bleeds, maturing lungs and kidneys, ventilator breaths to go down from 60 per minute. and as his mom I am praying that he would breathe in the breath of God. That while his eyes are not open he will watch the angels as they defend him. he will smell the breath of God as it heals him. that one day he will remember being held by his Father's healing hands.

okay - my story for the day. I had several hours to sit with kyle today and agian, his is a joy. I love to just watch him. He streched his little arms and legs soooo long today, he curled up and held his hands together under his chin and went to sleep, as soon as I got his diaper off to change it he put his hand down there. mom's you understand - is that not the first thing they do? :)

but my other purpose today was to meet with a lactation consultant. kelly and breast feeding is not a good combo! but with kyle being so little it is necessary. we may be using a milk bank some but we needed to use my milk also. (curtis, now is the time you will want to close your ears). as some of you know lactation consultants can be a bit over the top - this lady was great! I am totally gun shy on this mind you but after our talk we decide I am going to try. So she goes to get the pump and as she places the pump on me (no discretion here) she lets me know that she wants me to use this one b/c it is the cadilac and not only does it have better suction but it uses foreplay on the breast. you heard me right. anyway - after I pumped and came out of the room with my jars of milk everyone was patting me on the back and say "great job". the nurse clapped for me. kind - but strange - but kind. anyway - the lord is protecting me, I am feeling good and today good and the lord even provided some humor!

what a joyful day with my little lion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOOOOOOO!!! For breastfeeding!!!! I'm so proud of you!! I'll be praying for you!!! May your pump do you right, and make your boobs as big as mine!! bon apetite little lion!! :)

B

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!!! oh what a pain bf is... and all of the crunchy people who talk about how natural and beautiful it is are crazy nuts, in my experience.

What a great blessing that the Lord allowed it to work for you! it shows He is working on your behalf - cause cadillac or not - those machines are wacko.

Aren't you thankful for the small mercies and small humorous things at this time?

I am thankful for you... you are such a GREAT mom and Kyle is blessed to have you!

Steph said...

Oh my gosh Kelly! Even in the midst of all this, you're still hilarious! Casey and I are often in prayer for you and your sweet family. We love you guys!
Steph Cease

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I'm on my knees for you guys. I know that you really don't know me (I'm Shauna's friend:), but I've been keeping up with all of this and am reminded daily to pray for sweet Kyle.

The other night at church we sang this song by Bebo Norman. I know that you guys have heard it before, but the Lord brought to mind my mind your family as I was worshiping Him through this song. He often speaks to me sweetly through song.

I sang, I prayed, and now I'm sharing.

Bebo Norman- I will lift my eyes

God, my God, I cry out
Your beloved needs You now
God, be near, calm my fear
And take my doubt

Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in

I will lift my eyes to the Maker
Of the mountains I can’t climb
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
Of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
Of the hurt I hold inside
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You

God, my God, let Mercy sing
Her melody over me
God, right here all I bring
Is all of me

‘Cause You are and You were and You will be forever
The Lover I need to save me
‘Cause You fashioned the earth and You hold it together, God
So hold me now

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!