Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

EEG update - Kelly

Please keep praying for Kyle. We do not have his EEG results back yet. These have to be reported and interpreted before the information gets to us. So many amazing doctors, nurses, therapists and technicians all working to take care of Kyle! so when they have all done their part we will get some news.

In the mean time - Kyle weighs 2 pounds 3 ounces! His amount of breast milk is going up fast (that is a great thing). The are fortifying his milk now to help him gain more weight! We get to do kangaroo care often now and this is soooo good for him and for me too! John will be joining me at this soon!

Our little 23 weeker friend we asked you to pray for is doing better! Praise the Lord. And we met a new little friend last night - He is also a 23 weeker and small like Kyle was. Please be praying for him too - he is a fighter and a little miracle - funny that weighing in at 2 lb Kyle is the heavyweight of the bunch, and at 6 weeks old and almost 30 weeks gestation corrected age he would be the oldest man in is 23 weeker group!

I find myself each day battling to focus on the Lord and the TRUTH that he is in control and he is healing Kyle. Satan puts thoughts out there, sometimes even through others careless words, that cause me to fear or feel defeated. But our God is defending me, He is fighting FOR me. and because of that I am able to see very clearly that God is at work here in amazing ways. All of this healing that God is doing even goes way beyond me, beyond our family and close community, and even beyond Kyle.

Our God is so good and so big. thank you to all of you who remind me of that when it gets tough to. I have a friend that wrote a song - teach us to be community... it says. and I also think of our 220 dream "to the ends of the earth"... I never could have fathomed the Lords plan - I still cant. I just mean that I have always desired community and I have always wanted God to use our family/ministry to reach places at each end of the earth but wow... my "today" sure doesn't look like I thought it would look.

Please keep praying for protection over our little lion's digestive system. Pray that this 6 week round of antibiotics would clear the heart clot of infection. Ask God to take away the clot. Please pray protection over Kyle's brain and body from the blood thinners he is receiving for this clot. Please continue to ask the Lord to heal and restore Kyle's brain and ventrical space in his brain to perfection. Pray for growth and weigth gain and new lung tissue growth and that the Lord would touch and heal his lungs.

and I am not sure who is on the wall at 1 a.m. or who is awake but please join me in praying specifically - Kyle gets a blood draw at 1 am that is hard to get b/c it requires much blood and can clot fast. They will use it to test the level of blood thinner in his system to make sure it is not too much and not to little as they continue to treet him. Kyle has had a brain bleed so a blood thinner is scary to me. however the clot in his heart needs to be treated. Please pray that they will get the blood need from Kyle easily.

and please join us as we give God GLORY for all he is doing in Kyle's life. Thankyou to those of you that send word of what God is doing in you and in others around you through Kyle. That is encouraging.

Kelly

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit... Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:16 & 20

Praying for your family this day.

Tabaitha said...

wow, your little lion is growing. that is amazing news! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Dear John and Kelly,

I have been following your blog since your little lion was born. It's funny how you feel as if you know people that you've never actually met...well, I saw you from a distance at JD and Allison's wedding but that's about it...then Kyle was born! I just wanted to tell you that your family has been a tremendous witness of strength and faith through out baby Kyles times of fighting to grow. I know that God did not intend for Kyle to be born early, but there's no doubt that he (as you've stated in your blogs) is being used in mighty ways to touch lives of people who otherwise may have never been witness to the awesome power and works of our God, but make no mistake about it...you and John have been towers of strength and unwaivering faith. We have all grown in love, thru prayer and worship with our Heavenly Father. I wanted to thank you for touching my family in such a precious, life affecting way. We go about our lives thinking we've got our day to day activites "all packaged up and prioritized" and it's been like an awakening to come out of our selfish shells and take a good look at ourselves and the world around us!
My Christmas prayer for you is that Kyle continues to show God's super natural maturing (which he surely is!!!) and that you, John , Jadon and Jack experience the most wonderfully blessed Christmas with a peace that passes all understanding.

In His Love,
Debra Robinson ^0^

Anonymous said...

My whole staff up here is all praying and our prayer room up here is praying - and they call me to get updates and I know of many people who check this site everyday - Kyle has captured so many people's hearts - he is already a heartbreaker and has many girlfriends all over the great state of Texas! Love you people and praying SO much for you.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Hello, I left you an important message from the Blood Center on your myspace page... it is about donations for Kyle!!!
LeAnn Smith

Anonymous said...

Another humbling post from Kelly...Authentic to the core and a huge example to all as you (& family) continue to weather this huge storm. You said it best--To God be the glory.

:) Eddie

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I don't know what time or even what day you will be reading this. However, I want you to know that I have been praying for you all as usual. It is 8pm on Wednesday evening and we are in Mexico Missouri right now and everyone I have seen while here have asked me the same question.... "how is Kyle doing?"

Kelly, there are so many people praying for you and your family. I am glad to "hear" that Kyle is still gaining weight. It appears that overall he is doing well, considering the odds he has had to overcome. Please try to stay focused on God and what He is doing. HE IS IN CONTROL AND HE IS TAKING CARE OF KYLE!

Still praying, still believing and still EXPECTING healing.

Candy Humber

Denise said...

We remain in regular prayer for your little lion. All GLORY to God for what He is doing for and through your family.

In Christ,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Hey we love you guys and our family continues to pray for Kyle. Elijah loves asking Jesus to make him better. Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelley - thanks for the update. I look forward to reading them daily.
Stefanie Oney

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!