Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Monday, December 3, 2007

That's a Lot of Love - The Nanny Chronicle

If you have ever cared for a 5 year old, then you know that bedtime can either be challenging or charming, and sometimes both! Tonight, after Jack was sweetly asleep in his bed, Jadon and I played with his new nativity set. We had a great time talking about Mary and Joseph and the baby Jesus. And we made up songs and talked about the gifts that the wise men brought, like turkey and ham and smelly stuff. And then it was bedtime.

Jadon said, "Ms Carol, why do you call me "dolly" when you tuck me in?" And I said, "I call you that because it is a special name that means I love you." He said, "Do you love me more than anyone in the world?" And I said, "No, I love my sons more, because I am their mommy." So then we talked about how much I do love him, and it was followed with "this much?" and arms that kept getting wider and wider and wider. We laughed and laughed and then he said, "My mommy loves me more than anyone in the world." And I said with feigned shock . . . "She does?!" And he said, "Yes. And I know how much she loves me." I expected him to open his arms really wide and say "this much," but instead he said, " She loves me fifty hundred and forty eleven. And that's more than anything."

Fifty Hundred and Forty Eleven. That's a Lot of Love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH - HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL !! HE IS SOOOOOO BIG (compared to what he was)... I'm so excited to see more pictures!! He's beautiful & I love the pics of Kelly holding Kyle - - they are precious!! Thank you SHAUNA !!
I'm encouraged to pray even more & with more excitement & passion & as always EXPECTING MIRACLES !!
God bless ~ ~ GranMammy B
Barbie Weller - Mansfield

Unknown said...

Thank you Carol for all you are doing for the Sherrill family. I know they appreciate you more than words can express! Thank you also for your insight into Jack's and Jadon's life while Mom and Dad are with Kyle. I love reading all the little stories. You should ask Jadon why he "fired" Mrs. Dew at SonKids today. It was quite funny!

Love and Prayers,
Tarcey

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a touching post...if we could all love each other 50 hundred and forty eleven...the world would be such a great place. Thanks for always sharing your touching stories....
John and Kelly...KYLE IS PRECIOUS!!!! He is getting so big. Chris and I continue to pray for you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHG & Co. said...

Still praying guys. Thanks for the pics.

Speaking of "fifty hundred and forty eleven", there is a book called I love you this much or Guess how much I love you or something like that.

A big browm hare and a little brown hare talk about how much they love each other... good stuff.

Because of that book, my son likes to say he loves me all around the solar system a hundred times and back. The number varies, but it always amount to a lotta love.

Kids are an amazing blessing.

Anonymous said...

God bless you Carol for taking care of loving those boys while mom and dad are away! You are truly sent from God!

Still praying, still believing, still EXPECTING healing!

Candy Humber

Unknown said...

Thanks for the story! That is wonderful. Kids are so amazing!!!

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!