Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Sunday, December 2, 2007

From the Mountian Tops - Kelly

I said in an earlier entry that we have 2 choices - we can shout from the mountain top that the Lord is healing or we can ignore what God is doing b/c we don't understand it; explain it away b/c we don't believe it, or sometimes we ignore it b/c we move on to the next need or request of the Lord. So here it is...

PRAISE BE TO GOD! We had to move Kyle's head ultrasound up from Dec 9th b/c they were looking for a reason for the siezures. Praise God for Kyle's results that they saw on the ultrasound. It showed that the grade 3 bleed was resolving. Dr. Lopez said she did not see right now any blood clots that could block the flow of spinal fluid. the ventricles were dialated but not big as she expected they might be. No PVL's were detected. THIS IS ALL AMAZING! God has again answered a huge prayer. And I really want you all to join me in thanking God for this and spreading the word that the Lord is doing an amazing work in kyle. I so much want to invite the whole world to pause life and just peak in on what god is doing here. And then my prayer really is that they - you - me - would be changed forever b/c of what we see. John and I have been praying that this miracle work of TOTAL HEALING AND RESTORATION for Kyle will be used by God to explode the box that we have put him in in american christianity today. You know - the box - where we limit God or assume thta this is the same as we are ( in religion, denomination, politics, abilities, etc...). This is what needs exploding. God is big, huge, mysterious.

Father THANK YOU for causing the bleeding in Kyle's brian to resolve appropriately. Thank you for no PVLs and no clots that have formed and that the spinal fluid can flow normally. Thank you for restoring. Thank you for hearing our prayers and allowing us to be up close to your miracles. Thank you God! Jehovah Rapha would you do more...

The continued prayer request to this is more healing. Kyle is having siezures - the nuerologist is not sure of why, not sure of a prognosis in what is going on or what is to come. That is kind of the way with preemie's. They are giving Kyle medicine to try and stop them. We will know more as we get into next week and and meet his new team of Doctors (remember - the monthly shift change).

so PLEASE do not cease praying. Please again pray and ask the Lord, the one that made the stars to put into place, the one who created life, the God that has split the sky to give food, parted a sea for his people to be safe, made the lame walk, and brought the dead back to life, and also gave his only son out of love for us - to save us, please ask him, our saving God, our restorer to heal Kyle's brain of these siezures. Every time I have a chance to hold kyle I am able to put my hands on him and pray - I know so many of you are doing that from far away- PLEASE keep doing that. So many of the prayers you send to me I am praying over him!

I'll update again soon - sorry we missed a day - it's been tough - I am humbled and grateful for what God is doing. I am begging for more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are begging the Lord with you daily. I praise Him for the wonderful news on Kyle. The Lord hears our prayers and does not forsake us when we call on HIS name. I will continue to pray for Kyle, that his clot will dissappear, that his seizures will cease, and for his new doctors as you go through a shift change. I know the Lord will bless you with just the right doctors to care for Kyle. I praise Him for all He has done and will continue to do in your lives.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!! What a wonderful way to start this day.... with tears of joy... praising God for the healing that is taking place with Kyle!! I WILL be "shouting from the mountain tops" and telling everyone I know that we serve an awesome and marvelous God!

It's like you both keep saying, we tend to put God in this little box that exists for some only on Sunday mornings in a church building. I believe that most people today don't see the miracles happening all around us.

I want to thank you both again for sharing your "journey" with everyone. It has truly been a blessing to me to be able to pray with you and cry with you as we watch God work through Kyle touching SO many people!!

I am anxious to see some new photos so I can put them on my frig next to the other one. You all are in my thoughts and prayers OFTEN and I want you to know that. God bless you both for the wonderful example of faith (and fear) that you all have shown for the world to see.

Still praying, still believing and still EXPECTING healing!

Candy Humber

Anonymous said...

I was sending an email to the folks I know who are praying for Kyle and it hit me.... that ultrasound being moved up was a God thing. I believe He wanted to show off His work and remind everyone that He is in control and everything is going to be okay!! What an AWESOME Lord we serve!!

Still praying, still believing and still EXPECTING healing!

Candy Humber

Tabaitha said...

Praise the Lord! He is so faithful and good and watches over Kyle every minute of everydaye. Kyle is never alone. He has an amazing family and a community of believers that pray for him daily.

Anonymous said...

Chris Tomline has a song for this day:

HOW CAN I KEEP FROM SINGING!!!!

How can I keep from singing your praise
How can I ever say enough,
how amazing is your love
How can I keep from shouting your name
I know I am loved by the King
and it makes my heart want to sing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula Seale

Anonymous said...

What WONDERFUL news! Praise the Lord for what He is doing in Kyle's situation!

I will absolutely continue to lift him and the rest of your family up knowing that all of you are in the Best Hands possible and believing that God is going to continue to heal Kyle and do amazing things through him!

Thank You Lord for what You are doing and thank You for what you are going to do for Kyle! Thank You that You are the Creator of ALL life and that You are healing Kyle and already using his story to bring others closer to You. I continue to lift his little body up to You and know that You know each and every one of his needs. Father, please be with the doctors and give them wisdom as they try and figure out what is causing the seizures. I pray that the clot disappears. I pray for the new team of doctors about to come in. May You just bless each of them so that they know how to help Kyle.

I pray for the rest of the Sherrill family. For rest for Kelly and John, both mentally and physically. That You just surround each of them with Your peace and love. For Jack and Jadon that You just continue to surround them in a very special way when John and Kelly can't be there.

Thank You Father, for Your love and never ending devotion to all of Your children! Amen.

Denise said...

I am so moved by your story and touched by hearing how you are trusting the Lord, the Giver of Life, to heal your boy. Our son was born 6 weeks early and I know that is no where near as early as Kyle but it gave me a soft spot in my heart for early arrivers. You have my and my family's most sincere prayers for Kyle. I will continue to pray for him and see how the Lord uses this for His glory. God bless you all - Denise

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Praise the Lord! I read every single entry. The weight of your words have not fallen on deaf ears.

God is faithful, even when we don't know it. I KNOW that you guys know it and are seeing the fruit of fervent prayer and crying out to the Lord.

It is by seeing the Lord show up and show out in other believer's lives (and our own) that allow us to witness glimpses of who He is. Praise the Lord for your transparency and vulnerability through all of this. It blesses me.

The Lord is being mighty through your precious son Kyle. HE is mighty to save.

Lynsey Kramer

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!