Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Three Months Old

... yesterday.  Kyle was 3 months old yesterday!  He is really doing great today.  this was day 3 on nasal cannula and he is at (mostly) 23% oxygen.  We were even talking about bottle feeding today!  as in ... the near future!  Kyle is ready - at least he thinks he is.  Tonight we watched kyle trying to nurse his sleeve, his hand, his paci and the air!  It just amazes me the way he is wakes up 10 minutes before it is time to eat and acts hungry!  all good signs to me!

I was thinking today just how strange my normal is now.  I think of Kyle as so big - my new friends come visit him and we talk about how big he is!  I have a 3 month old that weighs in at 4 pounds even!  I am so excited about our future with this little lion - our whole family really.  moving forward I think.

Tonight I got to spend some time sharing my heart with a friend.  something I haven't done in a long time.  It was good, very good.  I feel like maybe we are starting to see a light at the end of a tunnel!  Kyle is getting bigger and stronger everyday!  He is doing new things each day. Today he de-saturated less and even did fine while having his eyes dilated.  the nurses say they usually have bradys and all with this.  He did great! speaking of eyes - he still has no ROP, no Plus disease and his vessels are now medium to large and kyle has been moved to being checked every other week instead of every week!  from what I hear this is amazing and very unusual news for a 23 weeker.

Father - thank you for what you are teaching me.  all be it painful I am hopeful today that it will be beneficial.  yet so many questions still.  Thank you for miracles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 3 MONTH B-DAY KYLE!!!

GOD BLESS!

Anonymous said...

Glory!

Christy said...

Happy 3 months Kyle. I'm so happy to see that he is doing great!

God Bless You Guys.

-Christy-

Anonymous said...

Kelly - I am so happy to hear of your time with your friend. I have been praying constantly for there to be friends close at hand that will know just how to minister to YOUR heart. I never feel like I have the right words to encourage you and John. But know that I AM praying...thank God that the Spirit can tell Him exactly what I'm feeling/asking/trying to say! You and John are in our prayers daily...with Jadon, Jack and your little lion as well!

What wonders He is doing in Kyle!

Psalm 89:5-8
5 The heavens praise your wonders, O LORD, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
6 For who in the skies above can compare with the LORD? Who is like the LORD among the heavenly beings?
7 In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him.
8 O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.

We love you all and are praying - Colleen and Larry

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news!

Still praying for you guys...

Amanda C.

Jennifer said...

AWESOME news about his eyes!! Seriously, that really is amazing how well his eyes are doing - praise the Lord. Max was a 26 weeker and had ROP in both eyes and had to have laser surgery. Your boy is a STUD!!! :)

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!