Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eye Doctor Today - Kelly

Psalm 145:1  -  I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.

Kyle had is eye doctor appointment today.  Dr. Hitner again said that Kyle's eyes were perfect. She said his vessels had grown all the way out through stage 3 and his retina is completely attached!  She said he should be checked when he is 2, that he might later be nearsighted.  I was so excited that I forgot to ask why she thought that.  I am not sure if I even care - I was so excited that his eyes were perfect!  she had a resident with her today and so she was explaining to the resident about Kyle's history and she said she had never seen a 23 weeker like Kyle with perfect eyes.  and as she left the room she said to the resident "I'm not sure how he skated by"  I quickly tried to throw in "it is b/c of God".  I'm not even sure if she heard me.

her not hearing me reminded me of something I am learning.  God is glorified.  God is glorified in Kyle.  God is glorified not b/c I mention to many that I prayed for kyle's eyes and they are perfect.  God is just glorified in Kyle and in his eyes.

I also prayed for Kyle to not have a brain bleed, he did, then I prayed for it not to get worse, it did, then I prayed for a miracle - that the MRI would miraculously be "normal".  I thought, okay God - I couldn't have set it up any better for you to be glorified.  kyle has a need, thousands, literally thousands are praying and even more are watching, so now when you come through and heal kyle miraculously, everyone will raise their hands in praise, know you "DID IT" and you will be glorified.  sounds good huh!?

well the MRI wasn't normal.  and you know what I am learning?  God is glorified.  Kyle is perfect - perfectly created by his father, HIS GOD who is glorified b/c of him.  I am learning that his ways are not my ways and even when God doesn't do what is on our to do list that we offer up in prayer - he is still glorified.  I am learning so much about God that i did not know before but the strange part is that as I am learning I am still not understanding.  I suppose that comes in time.

I do give praise to God for today - for kyle's beautiful eyes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

PTL! PTL!

Tabaitha said...

He is indeed glorified!

Anonymous said...

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” Exodus 3:14a.

all we can say is, YOU ARE

Praising God with you

Anonymous said...

I found myself sitting here thinking, ok, so God has protected Kyle's eyes and kept them perfect as He created them. Sorta makes me wonder what He is going to do with that perfect brain... I can't wait to find out!
Gail

Anonymous said...

You are amazing in your belief! Your blog fills my heart!
Stefanie

Unknown said...

"I am learning that his ways are not my ways and even when God doesn't do what is on our to do list that we offer up in prayer - he is still glorified." Your comment there Kelly made me think of Isaiah 55:8-9..."For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" Isn't that a great encouragement?! God's plans are so much bigger than ours. He sees the big picture and understands the "whys" that we can can only ask. God has so much more in store for Kyle than you or John or any one of us praying for you all could ever dream of. Everything about Kyle is perfect in God's plan. Whatever the final outcome of the brain bleeds, God will use it for His glory and His perfect plan. Later in verses 10-11 God's word says... "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Just as God sends the rain and the snow and He sent Jesus Christ, God sent Kyle to accomplish what He desires. What seeds will Kyle sow? What hungry person will Kyle share the bread of life with? We all have a purpose to achieve and my prayer for Kyle in addition to his healing and continued good health is that he will seek God's will and accomplish what God desires.

Much Love and Prayers,
Tracey Hutcherson

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!