Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Focusing Today - Kelly

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  

I had a great day today - thank you so much for those praying for me today.  wednesday night has become a hang out night for me and my girl friends!  It used to be the night they came over to clean my house and do my laundry and put my kids to bed.  when I found out they were hanging out and drinking coffee with out me (when I was at the hospital) I started trying to arrange my schedule where i would come home at a decent time on those nights and hang out.  Now that I am home (still on house arrest!) I SOOO much look forward to Wednesday nights.   John is always at work so we just have girl time.  I am so truly blessed by God - and I really don't throw that word around lightly anymore - they help me laugh and see the joy in my everyday regular stuff.  they don't hold back what they say or their opinions and they accept me even for the way i have changed over the past few months.  tonight we added junk food!  ahahhhhhhh- don't anyone tell Lynn!  I'm going hard core on the diet TOMORROW - so I'll have some ice cream right when I am done with this.  all this to say - I adore my friends.

and as a side note - my children were wonderful today.  we had so much fun.  I spoke to one of my friends the night of the bad doc visit and she reminded me about 2 year olds.  I was trying to discipline jack instead of train him.  jadon is in discipline age but jack has missed out on the training - and one thing now I can attest to - if you do not train them ... discipline does not work.  Jack is responding great, even in just 2 days! -  we even had a cleaning party - complete with music that would wake the neighbors and dancing as we pushed laundry baskets of toys from all over the house to their room.  YES i said baskets - you know john has been out of town so...

I spent much of today focusing - going well.  Thank you so much to all of you who sent resounding "get your head out" messages!  Your encouragement was perfect.  I have noticed several blogs that I like to check regularly (who knew - kelly the blog reader - I used to hate them!)  they start with scripture each day.  What a better way to focus and fight.

Jadon has this sword he got that says (when you hold down the button - which he does all day long! thank you carol!) THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD!  I guess after the 800th time in two days I am getting the picture.

for today! my friend sent this to me:

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


this means so much more to me today than it ever has.  there is so much that I hope for and so much that is unseen to me.  My faith must increase.  I have told so many people that "truly the greatest gift the lord could ever give us is the gift of increasing our faith"  wow.  my turn i guess!

I am thinking of going back and telling the story of when kyle was born (from my perspective) - in my next few posts.



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kelly, you have the most beautiful spirit. You encourage me (and others) more than you realize. Keep fighting, focusing, praying, loving. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I believe God gives us circumstances that improves our faith. I think of the scripture that talks about the size of a mustard seed, which is not much. I recently suffered a stroke at the age of 42. My faith has increased so much because of what HE is teaching me. God is using you as a student to learn more about HIS faith. I do not know you, but read your page daily. I think you are a remarkable person with an incredible story to share. Use each day to spread HIM through your encounters! God uses SPECIAL people to do HIS work. You have been chosen!! I would love to meet you one day and give you a big East Texas hug from our family. Just know that your little lion is being lifted up by tons of people that do not know you!! Have an awesome day, Amanda Mask (amanda_mask2002@yahoo.com)

Mommy07 said...

I am a mother who son had seizures at birth. Noah was full term and we still do not know if it was birth trauma or something else that caused them. I am in a similar battle as you as I try to find strength and courage to go forward. My blog is survivingnoah.blogspot.com. I check in on Kyle daily and have for months. You are in my prayers.

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!