Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

tired & encouraged - kelly

I am so tired tonight. and I worry that you don't want to hear about my breakdown in my closet floor tonight - so I will just share this.

I start every monring with a huge desire and determination to be filled with joy and act like it. My 3rd son has been born and he is beautiful (even when I type that now - I am smiling). I just want to rejoice and I want to be strong to fight for kyle. He is going through the tough stuff not us. but then by the end of the day I hurt. HURT! so again tonight I will CHOOSE to focus on the truth - God's truth.

God ordained Kyle's days
God is in control
God is good.
God loves kyle and created him b/c he wanted to
and here is one that is hard to admint - this was not my fault - I didn't cause this.
and I will praise the Lord at all times I will constatntly speak His praise!

and what I have been wanting to say for several nights is thank you - Thank you to all of you who are praying - thank you for making my children and my family your priority! I am in awe. Thank you for commenting - even thought I don't answer I read each of them and I am SOO encouraged to know that you are praying for us and for kyle. I love every story and every encouragement every thought and every scripture you all send to me.

Thank you to all of you that have sent financial help and gift cards for gasoline or coffee or meals. Thankyou for the home group full of people we don't even know that are bringing us food.

and to those of you that have literally paused your lives to live with me in this new strange reality. You clean my house, do my laundry, cook my meals - and MOST OF ALL you are loving my children. and as I have asked out of desparation you all have met me with open arms and joy. thank you for loving me. I did not know love ran this deep.

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THIS - this is community. this is what scripture meant when it speaks of church.

psalm 34: 17,18 "The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. the righteouse person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. for the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John & Kelly,

We are continually praying for you guys and for Kyle. We went down your list of prayer requests tonight and prayed for each one. Thank you for being specific for Kyle's needs. I know our Lord is listening. You guys are loved and cherished by so many. What a blessing it is to see how richly God is ministering to this family who themselves have ministered to countless thousands for years and years.
I am reminded of Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good, for those that love God and are called according to His purpose."
I am encouraged because you guys fit this conditional verse. You love God and you are called according to His purpose. Therefore, God MUST keep His promise! God will work this situation out in whatever way He sees fit in order to bring Himself glory.
Please know that we love you guys dearly and will continue to pray for your family.

Denbigh & Stephanie Cherry

Big Jack said...

Kelly, a good melt down is very liberating from time to time. Don't beat youself up for being human. Leave the supernatural stuff to God, that's his job. You and John have been an inspiration to thousands so far and will continue. Your faith gives us all strength and the resolve to be better people. Your beautiful prayers give us the words to use in ours when ours don't come to us. You guys are okay and Kyle has already opened more hearts in a few days than must could open in years. This chapter of your lives will play out exactly in accordance with Gods plan. Someone said once that if you wanted to make God laugh just tell him "your" plan.

I think about you guys all through the day and pray. I love you all.

Unknown said...

Amen Big Jack!

hallegracesmama said...

Though we have never met, our family is praying earnestly for Kyle and for the doctors and nurses watching over him. Praying for his body PDA to close, his bleeds to resolve, his respiratory status to improve.

We are parents of a 23w5d daughter ourselves. We found out about Kyle through family friends and the staff at 121CC. Halle's NICU journey was and still is the toughest thing we have ever gone through. What a blessing it is that you have so many loved ones praying for you all and serving you during this time.

Julie
jbhwalker@hotmail.com

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!