Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

End of Day Tuesday... - John

End of Tuesday Report – John

We started the day with hanging out with the boys and some cartoons.
There’s nothing like a little Curious George in the morning with Jadon.
I would say Jack too, but well, Jack’s attention span can’t even handle more
than 15 minutes of the wiggles (which HE LOVES)… so, what makes me think he will dig Curious George for 30 minutes?
None the less, it was great to just try to recapture of few minutes of what normal use to look like before Oct. 22. Don’t get me wrong… I wouldn’t change anything for the world, unless I could help Kyle stay in his womb,… but I couldn’t, so I will take where I am today over the alternative of not having Kyle in our family.
Jadon loved hanging out and sitting together watching a cartoon, but not as much as I did.
We then headed off to the mall for haircuts and carousel rides. I learned a little something about me,… this is new,… different… I have never experienced this before,
Until today, which is further cause to realize I am getting, well,… OLD.
CAROUSEL RIDES just about make me want to throw up.
Yep, it is true. (I use to be able to do the looping starship at astroworld, for those of you who remember the looping starship, let alone, astroworld.) …
See? OLD. I think it was the round and round and round and ROUND… ugh,…
I was so glad for that to be over. We then headed off to our favorite family restaurant Kobe Japanese Steakhouse for lunch. One must go there for lunch because it is like 1/3 of the price of dinner for the same food. It absolutely rocks the free world and is one of the best restaurants of all time. I highly recommend it. It will change your life, your family, everything…
Haha…

Anyway,… I want to take a few minutes to say thanks to all of you who are caring and praying and giving. So many of you are doing so much from keeping up with our writings daily, to praying, to organizing prayer chains and prayer events,… to spreading the word about Kyle… You are using your giftedness to give, and that makes us feel so loved and embraced in a time that we would have never fathomed a few short days ago.
When we feel like our world has nearly caved in, you have stepped in and helped and have given, and you continue to give… From taking care of our kids, to playing with our kids, to dropping off secret presents for the boys,… that is amazing. From grocery shopping to making meals,… visits, phone calls, text messages, voicemails… comments on our blog, comments of encouragement and prayer on our caringbridge site,… all this means so much to Kelly and me. Organizing fund raisers and benefits like the Tshirts and cards and from what I am hearing pray for kyle bracelets… as reminders and fundraisers to help our family in this time… we are so blessed by you all and amazed at how God is using you to “hold up our arms” right now… You are praying, caring, loving, giving, sharing, helping … I can not say thank you enough, and I am barely scratching the surface of all the things we have been hearing about going on behind the scenes.
Thank you from our family,… Thank you so so so much. It again, overwhelms me, and makes me so humbly grateful at true community in Christ. Thanks for the visits, the meals at the hospital, the gift cards!!! The meals being prepared and brought to our house for us late at night, and for the boys... thank you all so much!

Ok,… ok… I know. You want to know about Kyle.
Kyle had a hard day today with his respiration. Please pray specifically for Kyle’s lungs. Pray for him to be healed from RDS (respiratory distress syndrome) And from BPD
(Bronchial pulmonary disease – *I think it is called this)…
Pray for new lung tissue to be developed quickly, supernaturally…
Pray God’s favor over Kyle’s lungs and his breathing. Pray for Kyle’s PDA to close for good.

We are close to finding the source of this infection. It could either be one of two things:

1. An infection in his main line. This line feeds Kyle a lot of stuff… TPN (his nutrition), medication, etc… so, we need this to clear up asap!
2. Could be infection in the clot in Kyle’s heart that is causing the problem.

Neither one of these options are great, but both are treatable.

Pray that this infection goes away, very very quickly.

Be bold. Believe with us. Pray asking and expecting God to Heal Kyle of these things.
Ask with boldness and assurance that He who began this work in Kyle will be faithful to complete it. Pray and believe with us, will you?

Other than that… Kyle’s urine output is better today! He is growing a little more each day! I think he is becoming quite the charmer as it seems he has made a few girlfriends out of many nurses there at the NICU. He is a cutie.

We are so thankful to all of you, and we are so thankful to the team behind Kyle’s care at Children’s Memorial Hermann. There are some seriously great people up there. From the doctors, to the Nurse Practitioners, to the nurses,… the Respiratory Therapists, etc etc etc etc… there is a whole TEAM of people that God is using in great ways to give Kyle the best care possible.

We are so thankful. With Thanksgiving coming upon us,… I am truly taking a step back and zooming out on our life and our family and seeing so many things that I am truly grateful for. I am sure I will be speaking more about these things in the days to come.

Grace and Peace to all of you … thank you so much. We are so blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,
Thank you again for sharing with everyone. Today will be a better day for Kyle and tomorrow better than the today. I believe that! I praise the Lord for every step forward, no matter how small they may be.... we are moving forward!

Still praying, still believing, still expecting God to heal Kyle.
Candy Humber

Anonymous said...

One more thing, I forgot to ask... how much does he weigh now?

Anonymous said...

John,
I am a friend of the Webster's and was one of the many youth you ministered to at Community Baptist many years ago....my husband and our girls now attend Crossroads. We just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for Kyle since we recieved word from Sherry on 10/22...thank you for posting very specific needs to be prayed over. There are so many prayers being lifted up for Kyle, it is truly awesome! We have received many prayer requests and updates through Crossroads and on Monday night I got another request to pray for Kyle and your family at the YMCA from Ruth in my BodyCombat class. I believe that our God has GREAT plans instore for your little Kyle.....we will continue to lift y'all up in our prayers and will give PRAISE for the progress Kyle has made so far!

Love,
April, Kyle, Mallory & Kylie Cronan

Anonymous said...

awesome post of a grateful heart....thank you for opening up your thoughts, needs and on-going prayer requests.

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!