Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Praying for healing from infection - Kelly

Thank you so much to all of you who are helping out in this time. It is actually hard to say thank you b/c in my mind, that just doesn't offer each of you enough. There is no amount of anything that could express how grateful I am to those of you that are helping me love my children, and to those of you that are loving me and john. I was telling john tonight that I think this feels so hard b/c as a mom I am made to take my child and care for him. It is my job to keep him warm and my job to feed him and my job to make sure he doesn't get sick and my job to hold him and talk to him and love him. and right now - little of that is reality for us. I just can't do those things for him. I have to leave him and trust his nurses to do all of it. and WOW - these nurses (especially his favorite ones) are COMPLETELY capable - but something in me just screams "this is my job!"

My prayer for me and john is that God will grow our belief, our faith, our hope and our trust.

UPDATE on KYLE - He needs your prayers again - specific ones. Maybe I should say still instead of again. either way..

The doctors think that kyle has an infection. The are not sure what it is yet. He is not going tee tee and his belly is swollen. They have suspended his feedings and put him on antibiotics. They will of course be watching him all through the night and will hope to know something in 24 hours.

We really don't get much of a break for celebration before it is on to the next life threatening crisis. IT IS SO STRANGE THAT THIS IS REALITY! It is so lonely, so scary, so unfair... if I might stomp my feet and whine for a moment! But it is our reality and honestly I wouldn't trade it for the world - I LOVE my little lion. He really is filling out in his face - getting more adorable each day.

PLEASE pray for Kyle! Pray for God's healing in this infection. We have an echo tomorrow to look at the blood clot. Pray and ask the Lord to continue shrinking this and healing Kyle's heart. they will also look at the PDA - we are asking the Lord to close this supernaturally. They will not do surgery on Kyle b/c he is too small and not infection free. please ask the Lord to do this for him. Pray and ask the Lord to heal his kidneys so that Kyle will start going tee tee again and his belly will go down. He really needs to be healthy in his gut so he can eat and get bigger. This is his best friend for growing healthy lungs!

Continue to pray God's protection over his brain... for it to be resillient to these bleeds... that the blood would continue
to be reabsorbed into Kyle's body, and that in the process, his spinal fluids would flow freely and the blood will flow freely, so not to cause any damage! Pray that Kyle does not develope PVL. Pray for healing in his brain.

Pray for Kyle's lungs. We don't want to sound like a broken record here, but we are asking God to help Kyle to grow healthy
new lung tissue and that this BPD disease won't continue to bog Kyle down. Pray that Kyle can keep the fluid off his lungs, and that he can blow off the carbon dioxide better! Pray that Kyle's lungs will heal and get stronger!

Pray protection from NEC, and that Kyle's digestive system would stay strong and healthy.

Thank you again for your encouragement - your words and deeds. May God bless each of you with more of Him!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 week birthday to Kyle! Still praying for him.... without ceasing! Candy Humber

Anonymous said...

Our prayers will be with you Sherrill Family. We love you! David and Chelsea Tisdale

Anonymous said...

Crazy to think back 3 weeks ago today!!

Love you girl!
B

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you baby Kyle!!! We are still praying for each one of you! The Roses

Nicole Holland said...

Tonight Jake and I prayed as I was putting him to bed. I went first as usual, but lately he has not been asking me what he should pray for. He has been praying for things that are on his little heart (Jake is almost 5). I prayed for baby Kyle tonight, then Jake prayed "Thank you God for putting your Holy hands on baby Kyle". I melted!! God hears the prayers of the innocent and I'm reminded that children are close to His heart!!! And hands as Jake put it. I just had to share as I was touched by the heart of a child for another child. God bless you!! Continue to Praise Him from the rooftops!!! We love you.

L.D. said...

Our love and prayers continue for Kyle and all the other Sherrill's.

Anonymous said...

John and Kelly,
We are praying for you all! We are praying....BELIEVING!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lord, for Baby Kyle - he is a precious gift - thank you for sustaining him. Lord, You are the God who gives endurance and encouragement. Please hold Momma, Daddy and these three little boys close to Your heart. Speak truth to them today and let their minds be filled with peace. Lord our Creator, our Prince of Peace, we love you and we trust you.

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!