Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day of Life 45 - Kelly

WOW! 45 days! that should be followed with "All Glory to God"!

I was greeted today by Kyle's NP, Valerie! She is BRILLIANT and (in my opinion) partial to Kyle! She makes amazing decisions on his behalf and is really taking care of him! anyway today she told me that Kyle was not #1 anymore - meaning he is a lower priority b/c he is not the "sickest" baby in her care anymore! that is reason to PRAISE! We also have a new doctore this month, Dr. Morris, we are still getting to know her but her reputation preceedes her - SHE'S GOOD! She said today that her goals for kyle these next two weeks is to GROW, they are working on increasing his milk amounts and adding calories and vitamins to it. Funny how we are told that breast milk is the "perfect food" for babies and then as soon as he starts eating it they tell me we need to get him up to a certain amount so they can add some stuff to it! calm down all you people that just got upset - i'm still pumping - we'll talk about how I feel about it when Kyle is done with it. I know that breast milk really is best - I just have to vent every once in a while! not my favorite activity!

anyway - back to kyle! His goals are to grow and to wean him from the ventilator slowly. she even said we were wanting to have about 2 weeks of boring! Sounds good to us and good to Kyle!

I got to hold him again today - this is a new part of our everyday now. Kyle LOVES it. He does great when I am holding him.

update on the EEG - we know that the medicine they gave him for siezures is working. His EEG did not show siezures this time. It said a couple of other things that we will be able to understand and share as soon as they come interprete the report to us or to the docs.

and THANKYOU for praying for the blood test they did the other night - his nurse was able to get the amount of blood with no cloting (they did have to try twice :( but they got it. and the test showed that his clotting factor was appropriate. That means they are happy with the blood thinner medicine levels.

Ways to pray: tonight at 3 a.m. Kyle's nurse will wean him a bit from the vent then a blood test (called a blood gas) at 5 am to see how he is doing with that. Please pray for the Lord to strengthen and mature and grow his lungs. Please ask the Lord to protect his digestive system and continue to grow it. Please ask God to heal and restore Kyle's brain and mind to perfection. Please ask that God would supernatually disolve the clot and cleanse his body from infection... and close the PDA in Kyle's heart. pray for growth - for kyle to gain weight. all these physical needs and I ask also that God would be the air he breathes and that as Kyle grows he would know and remember the very scent of the one who has healed him.

Please pray for our 23 weeker friend. I told you in our last blog that he was doing better - and now he is having some big struggles - I ask Jehovah Rapha to touch his body tonight and heal him. I ask for hope to fill his parents.

Please also pray for some other friends we have made at HCH. They lost their precious son yesterday. I don't have words for this. Please beg God on their behalf.

Thankyou for praying with us.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was unable to get Kyle off my mind the other night. I woke several times in the night and prayed for him. Now I think I understand why.... God was doing mighty things in Kyle.

We serve an awesome, incredible and worthy God! I can hardly wait to share the praise report with everyone. Thanks again for sharing.

Still praying, still believing and still EXPECTING healing!!

Candy Humber

mandy said...

thank you once again for letting us peek into what God is doing in your lives. i am continually in awe of Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine according to His power that is at work within us. i will continue to pray and thank God for kyle's life!!

Anonymous said...

Pumping is the worst :( Just keep telling yourself it's for a good cause!

Gail Aleander said...

A friend at my office who had a 26-weeker also had to pump. Like you, she didn't "enjoy" it, but it saved Mary's life they told her. So, keep up the good work, and know that you are not alone, Kelly.

thatcaroljones said...

Kelly,
It is weird to be on this side of the screen, praying along with everyone else in "E-time" and checking, waiting, hoping for an update. I am so overjoyed with the fact that Kyle is not having seizures.

I don't know which precious family lost their son, but my heart is so heavy for their loss. I am praying for you all and will see you soon.

hallegracesmama said...

Kyle is constantly in my thoughts. Halle has seen his pictures on the blog and so we have begun praying for him with her as well. She knows Kyle as the baby who was "as tiny as she was."

I hear you on the pumping thing! I pumped for H's first year before we switched to formula. Of course I didn't have previous children to experience breastfeeding with, so I can only imagine how much harder it must be on you. Hang in there, Kelly!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news! Praise the Almighty for such a precious gift. We will continue to pray with you that YHWH would continue to make known to you His strength, healing, and comfort. He alone is the infinitly wise, all-powerful, ruler of all things!

Anonymous said...

Good evening Kelly and John,

It's Saturday evening and I just wanted to let you both know that you are in my prayers and thoughts.

I pray that you have boring, yet exciting days with Kyle. The Lord is going to continue to do mighty things using Kyle and your family. I am anxious to see what they are!!

Still praying, still believing and still EXPECTING healing!

Candy Humber

Anonymous said...

I had twin boys at 26 weeks and had not planned on pumping either. It was a pain to do every 3-4 hours, but I am glad now that I did it. It really helped they boys and they are 2 1/2 years old now and doing great. They are very healthy and I think the breast milk is a huge part of it. Keeping you all in my thought and prayers. Believe me they help, I have two little miracles to show for it.

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!