Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Loving and Learning - The Nanny Chronicle

Today, both boys got to take a trip with Ms. Traci to the hospital. While Jack and Ms. Traci played on the playground, Jadon got to spend a little time with Kyle. He had such a good time! In general, both boys are doing well these days. They of course still have days when they just want their mom and dad, and they let that be known as only a 2 year old and a 5 year old can. But they are hanging in. Keep praying for them.

Jack's latest cute thing is that when you put him in his bed, he starts saying, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus." What he wants is for you to pray with him. He is very into "praying" lately. Tonight while he was in the bathtub, I put my head into my hands, taking that moment to sneak a restbreak. Jack started saying, "Pray, pray?" When I looked up, he had his head in his hands and was "praying." So cute.

Tonight, as always, Jadon taught me a few things about God. He was asking me a million questions about God, like, "What kind of bed do you think God has?" I told him God didn't sleep and he said, "Maybe not, but he rests because it says that in the Bible." . . . good point. Then he asked me why he made us need sleep instead of just making us to need rest. I didn't know that one either. Then he asked me if God created the world. Aha! I knew that one! YES I said excitedly. Then he asked me if I knew who created God. Another one! Yes, I knew that one too! I replied, "No one made God, He has just always existed."

"Nope," Jadon said. The other God made Him. I told Jadon there was only one God and he said, "No Ms. Carol. There are three Gods in one." "Really? Who are the three Gods in one," I asked. He confidently replied, "God the Son, God the Glory and God in Heaven."

Have I mentioned how much I love these kids?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Children are such a wonderful gift from God! Thank you for sharing.... it brought tears to my eyes as I thought about how precious those boys are and how they are adapting to their new "normal." You just gotta' love 'em!

Still praying, still believing and still EXPECTING healing.

Candy Humber

Anonymous said...

I can't tell if if my tears are from laughing or just because that is the cutest story I have heard. Wow! Thank you for sharing such a precious moment!

Anonymous said...

Jadon is one smart little boy. This reminded me of a 12 year old boy that made a phone call to KSBJ. They played that call on air today and let me tell you, sometimes we adults can learn a whole lot from a little one!!!

Still praying for the whole family!!

Tabaitha said...

aww, that was so precious. children truely are a gift from God and they are smarter than we think they are.

Anonymous said...

I loved your entry on your time with the boys. It really doesn't surprise me that Jadon & Jack are as awesome as they are - just look at their parents!! DUH! As they say, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree! I probably haven't said this (on paper) though I've thought it, THANK YOU NANNIES for loving & caring for those precious little guys, Jadon & Jack. Abundant blessings on the Nannies & their families!! Merry Christmas ~ GranMammy B
Barbie Weller ~ Mansfield

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Carol, for all you are doing.

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!