Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I am so tired!

5 hours last night.  looking at 5 tonight.  90 miles per hour during the day.  54 things on the to do list.  but I am neglecting my journal - not my thoughts ... just my journal.  My "BFF"  (no for real... you are laughing but we have the james avery rings) is down from Colorado helping me out with life.  john is in Tennessee working this week so she came to hang out!  she is working her tail off and doesn't get to go see kyle b/c she has the sniffles!  she has flown down here 3 times since kyle was born.  2 times she has been a bit sick - not a big deal but sinus stuff.  and once she has gotten to see him.  But she still came - sick and all to help me - even though she doesn't get to see kyle!  amazing.  we have had a great time!  she plays with the boys (and her 6 month old daughter) all day and then after we get them to bed we moved jack into jadon's room  - all toys combined - all clothes combined - all anything combined into a 10x11 room.  bunk beds and all!  Their new room looks great!  Tonight we worked on Kyle's room - making it functional!  i guess we will get to make it look cute tomorrow!

in fact - back to being sleepy - it has taken me about 25 minutes to write this b/c i keep falling asleep! I will share my thoughts and wonderful stories soon.  John is working on some pics and video of him.  I will update more tomorrow.

Kyle is doing very well.  He eats from a bottle 3 times a day and the rest goes through his feeding tube.  he had very few brady's and de-sats today! today was a joy to spend with him.

sorry, so tired!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, you don't have to apologize for being tired. It sounds like you had a great day at home and Kyle had a great day also. Kyle coming home is getting closer and closer to a reality. I am still praying for you all.

Candy Humber

Anonymous said...

KYLE'S ROOM -- WHAT A GREAT SOUND!!!!!
Paula Seale

Anonymous said...

This is the first reference I've seen to "Kyle's room" - and it is a welcome change! It tells me you are beginning to see the light at the end of this long NICU tunnel. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with all of us who have come to love your Kyle ALMOST as if he were own! Being tired is God's way (and our bodies' way) of telling us to slow down. You just need some "Kelly time." Hang in there.

Elyse said...

Kelly, you do not have to say sorry for being tired! Sounds to me that you are running in various directions and could use some time to just vent on your tiredness. It is a great sign "Kyle's room." Remember to take some time for yourself!
Still praying

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update - I totally miss them when you take the day off! ha ha! I can't wait to see the boys rooms! You should take more days off as well. Pedicure, massage, etc. :)No apologies needed.
Stefanie

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!