Kyle's NICU Story in Pictures

Saturday, November 10, 2007

11/10 - Kelly

As you can imagine I have recieved much advice over the past 19 days.

Hang on.. speaking of 19 days ... each morning when we meet with the doctors over rounds, our NP is presenting Kyle to the Attending doctor and they always start out the same. "Kyle Sherrill, day of life 19" or what ever day it is. This morning that statement really hit me - It has been 19 days since he was born! He is almost 3 weeks old! On one hand I couldn't believe he was already 19 days old. I couldn't believe that 3 weeks have flown by. on the other hand - I can't believe it has only been 19 days that we are only 3 weeks into this journey. Part of me wants to wonder how I will make it, how my husband will withstand, and how Jadon and Jack will endure for so many more. I am starting to feel what john talked about when he bloged about life going on for others. Our life goes on too - it is just so different. I guess in someways I feel left behind or incomplete. maybe under construction would be a better way to describe it. but God is so good b/c ... back to the advice comment from above...

I have received much advice - little that I have taken, and heard many stories, many of which I never needed to hear! - but to each I have this response inside that i usually keep to myself (working on being PC here) ANYWAY - but tonight I spoke to my friend and she was sharing about when her husband read the blog about kyle's brain scan. She said he was just about doing cartwheels around the house. He has some advice for me and for everyone really. BELIEVE! Pray and believe. He said that all he could do from where he was ... was pray and believe. and then he said this "Even if were the only one that begged God to save Kyle and believed he will - it would be enough." He said he wished he could look at john and I and tell us that every second. so that we could know.

it was then I realized that my fear really is a spiritual battle; a robbery of my belief. another friend shared with me the story of Elijah the other day and how he poured water on his offering and called on the Lord to set it on fire. God did. In the next passage or so this same man who has experienced the AWESOME POWER of GOD is running for his life - literaly - in fear.

and what she said was that God is the same - His is constant, powerful, faithful to his own character - We are the ones that waiver, we are the ones that are not constant. I have seen the Lord to miracles. I have seen Him heal. I have seen the AWESOME POWER of GOD. and so now how can I run in fear? How is it possible that I (ME - the one who has seen God display his power) could be tormented with fear. but it is true - I battle with terror several times a day.

We are the ones that change - but I do believe. I believe that God ordains our days. That Kyle's life ... every breath... is a testimony of God's goodness. I believe that God will heal and restore our fierce little lion.

so back to my friend's husband - he said he will not rob God of the praise for His miracles! so this advice I will take! I will stand on the mountain top and shout "GOD IS HEALING MY SON".

Thank you Lord for protecting Kyle's brain, thank you Lord that you have caused the heart clot to go down in size, thank you Lord that you have given him a day of rest today for his lungs. Thank you that you are graciously answering our prayers.

enough for today we can end in thanks giving - and thanks for listening!

5 comments:

shauna maness said...

your words are life to my soul kel.

Unknown said...

amazing faith! we believe!

Anonymous said...

You're freakin' amazing.
B

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

You and your guys are being lifted in prayer constantly. And we, too, believe! God is working in ways that we are not even aware of and He remembers that we are made of dust. (I know that's always encouraging to me when I feel that I haven't shown myself strong to God even though He looks across the earth, seeking to show Himself strong on behalf of us that believe in Him).

Thank you, God, for this friend and her husband that allowed You to speak to Kelly's heart through them, through their belief and faith. You are great and greatly to be praised. Continue to pour out mercy and healing on little Kyle and let Your Word be a constant balm on Kelly and John's tender hearts. Let Jadon and Jack be comforted and loved by those sweet ladies that are caring for them. I ask that you bless Carol and Traci for the time that they are investing in the Sherrills during this time. You have raised up an army of prayer warriors that you are using to carry this dear family to victory. Bless Your Holy Name!

Anonymous said...

soooo great. so glad you are our friend.

i have a question?!? a friend of mine gave blood - and needed some info. is it on here somewhere and i'm bugging you?

here's her note to me.

hey i donated blood yesterday, but they needed a sponsor number to send it to kyle. which i didn't have. but they gave me a form to fill out so he will get credit for it (i guess a free unit?) and i need some info:
1. full name
2. home address
3. name of hospital and where it is
4. telephone number
5. birthday

can you help me out with that? thanks!

if someone can send it to me at jennislims@yahoo.com, i'd love them for it!

Click below to go to my Personal March of Dimes Page

Our Story

This story begins with 5 people. John, Kelly, Jadon, Jack, and Kyle (he is only 23 weeks old... and he is still safely tucked away in his mommy's belly) In an hour's time Kyle made his way into the world. 1 pound, 3 ounces- 11 and a half inches long. This family will never be the same. This child is a warrior. He has the spirit of a Lion, and more courage than a whole pride. He is fierce, and fearless- and he is teaching us to fear the Lord- and to believe that God is in our midst and healing even now. Join us as pray, as we praise, and as we journey through this life as lovers of God and all His glory.

Kyle is in the March of Dimes Promo!